Friday, December 31, 2010
Snow Much Fun!
It started to snow on Christmas day and kept going strong all through the following day! Since this much snow is very momentous for this area we had to take Colby out to play in it! We started off with a sled ride that she didn't greatly care for and then moved on to the front yard to play! Colby didn't really know what to do with the snow but she liked to walk in it and she tried to eat it a few times! Eating it seemed like a good idea to her until the cold started to kick in on her tongue and then her little eyebrows would pull together and you could tell she was rethinking it! I tried to get her interested in making a snowman and Mike was trying to make a snow fort but both things were taking too long and Colby was having none of it! She thought it would be more fun to wander over to the side yard and crawl in the snow and then pretend she was stuck so Mama could come save her! I also tried to get her to make a snow angel but again she was having none of it! In my attempt to persuade her I made a snow angel and was actually quite impressed with how it turned out! I don't remember them being that neat when I was a kid. Colby was not too impressed and she wandered over to the fence to peek in the backyard to watch the birdies at the bird feeder. She was interested in snowballs however! She thought it was hilarious when I threw them at Daddy! Luckily for Daddy throwing them was all I was doing! Eventually I had to make him come stand closer so that I could actually make contact with him! Colby joined in the fun and started throwing snow! She didn't quite have the snowball technique down! After the snowball "fight" Colby and I took a walk down the street! She liked to walk in the tire tracks from some cars that had ventured out and pretended they were different paths! I finally convinced her to turn around and come home where she found Daddy with his snow "fort." It looked more like a snow throne but Colby sat in it and felt quite important for a few seconds! After that it was time to head in the house - all of us were freezing! Colby was a happy camper back inside and quickly pounced on some of her Christmas candy! I made hot chocolate and Colby kept running up to me saying she wanted to try it but as soon as she saw it she changed her mind! Little does she know - she shouldn't judge a book by its cover! She fell fast asleep for a nap and even woke up groggy and snuggled up on the couch to watch Monsters Inc (which she got for Christmas and LOVES). Then once she really woke back up she was playing in her dollhouse and then decided it was time to paint with her new Crayola gel paint! The snow was a very special touch to keep the magical spirit of Christmas going!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment