This is Colby with her Mater (from Cars) teeth!
Friday, December 31, 2010
Merry Christmas!
What a fun Christmas we had this year! Mike and I were so excited that we were up before Colby who woke up around 7am and walked into the living room and I think was completely blown away by all of the gifts that Santa brought for her! She just stopped and stared for a few seconds and then hunched her shoulders and smiled and giggled! She actually seemed apprehensive to play with everything – like she didn’t really believe that it was all hers! Eventually she took it all in and started playing! She played for a few hours with her new toys while Daddy made breakfast and Mommy took a shower! Then we all ate breakfast and waited for Mimi, Papa, Aunt Jennifer, and the kids to stop by! Once they were there the gift opening began in earnest! Mickayla was excited to keep a ready supply of gifts at hand for Colby to open! Stevie was more interested in his gift! Colby was interested in everything that she opened and wanted to take it out of the package right then and there! She was a very lucky girl this Christmas and got many great gifts! As you can see in the pictures she got a Dora Ballerina dress up costume and wore it almost all day! After all of the gifts from Mimi, Papa, Jen and the kids were opened Jen and the kids had to go. Colby played with the gifts that she had opened and was having a grand time while Mimi, Papa, Mike and I opened our gifts! Mike got a new pair of sunglasses which he was very excited about and I was completely spoiled this year! My favorite gift was my Skecher’s Shape-Up shoes! I am really hoping they will be miracle shoes! After all of the grown up gift opening came to a close we focused our attention back on Colby and I helped her open the rest of the gifts. Essentially, I unwrapped them and showed them to her and she would play with them as I continued to open! Eventually all of the gift opening was done and I think we had completely wore out Mimi and Papa and they hit the road! Colby, Mike and I had a quick lunch then I put Colby down for her nap only to find that Mike had put himself down for a nap as well! I worked diligently on getting dinner cooking and trying to organize the gifts in the living room! Finally my little elves woke up from their naps to see that it had started to snow! Then Abra and Mike came over for a visit! Mike had fun playing ball with Boomer who did not give Mike a break at all! Colby showed Auntie Abra her new dollhouse and Disney castle and opened gifts from Abra and one from her parents too! She got the cutest little tutu and of course had to put it on right away! She also got a sweet little apron with her name on it that I can’t wait to put on her! Eventually Mike and Abra had to head back to her parents house and we all sat down for Christmas dinner! After dinner all three of us danced to a Bluegrass version of “The Twelve Days of Christmas” that Mike had downloaded! Colby was in her tutu and had her feet moving as fast as can be! Then it was off to take a bath and then bedtime! Colby wanted her dollhouse moved into her room (I think she thought it might disappear) and she had a little bit of a hard time falling asleep – it had been a very stimulating day for her! But she was definitely in love with Santa at this point and very contented with her lot! It was our best Christmas to date! There is nothing quite like seeing your child enjoy Christmas Day with wholehearted, pure joy! It supersedes your own childhood memories and just makes you realize how lucky you are and reminds you of the important things in life! Merry Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment