Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Town

Colby and I went to Christmas Town this past weekend with our friends Christine and Gavin. We had a lovely lunch with Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus. Colby and Gavin went up to see Santa and to give him their Christmas wishes. They were both very brave! Santa didn’t have any kids sit on his lap so they all just stood and talked to him, but it was very cute. Colby held his hand the whole time and just stood staring at him with big wondering eyes! She did answer him when he asked her questions and was sure to tell him that she wanted a dollhouse for Christmas! She was so proud of herself after she saw Santa! And I was too! I have to admit that I was close to tears watching her standing there so bravely talking to Santa! On our way up to our table we saw Mrs. Claus who stopped and talked to the kids for a bit and posed for a picture with them. Then we all got our plates and ate while Santa recited T’was the Night Before Christmas. Colby was absolutely entranced during the story! Then Mrs. Claus came out with cookies! Out of nowhere Colby got very concerned about where all of Santa’s reindeer were! I was going to take her back up to ask Santa but she got a little wild and settled for asking Mrs. Claus who was walking around. Mrs. Claus explained that they were out doing rooftop inspections to see if anyone had added anything to their roofs this year – apparently solar panels are very slippery and Santa needs to be aware that they are there! Finally we went out to explore the rest of Christmas Town. Our first stop was the Polar Pathway where we saw a snowy owl, an arctic hare, and penguins! Colby thought the owl was absolutely hilarious and spent quite a bit of time by his cage! Our next stop was Santa’s Workshop where we got in line to see Santa again. This time Colby decided that she did not want to sit on Santa’s lap and since she was so brave earlier in the day, I did not push her to do it! Gavin sat on Santa’s lap again though! On the way out of the workshop Colby spotted the carousel and absolutely had to go for a ride on it! As we were getting on she spotted a pink horse (with someone on it) and she wanted another pink horse! Why there was only one pink horse, I don’t understand, but luckily the lady that was on was very generous and let Colby have it! So up and down and around we went and Colby loved every second on her pink horse! Unfortunately there were no straps on the horses so I couldn’t get a good picture of the pink horse as I was diligently holding onto Colby! Our next visit was to Frosty the Snowman and Colby absolutely loved him! She went right up to him to pose for pictures and even went back for another hug after picture time was over! It was super chilly so I picked up a blanket for Colby at Frosty’s store. I had her all swaddled in her stroller and the blanket happened to be brown so I teasingly said that she looked like the Little Baby Jesus in the crèche! Irreverent, I know but it was so cute! Next we saw the BIG Christmas tree and posed for a few pictures with it! It was so big that it was hard to get the whole thing in the shot! I’m afraid the star was chopped off in every picture! We toyed with the idea of going on the sky ride to see the park lit up now that it was twilight but we were all little icicles so we decided to call it a day! It was a very fun experience and one that I think may become a Christmas tradition!!




















No comments: