So I feel like I haven't done an update of Colby in a while, so this post is all about her! She is getting to be such a big girl and her new favorite game is to play "teacher." She is a little bossy though and is very serious when she says you need to sit "criss-crop applesauce!" She recently got to experience the dentist for the first time and did okay. I had my cleaning right before her so she got to see how it was done, but I think she was a little nervous for me because halfway through my cleaning she climbed up in my lap and insisted on giving me a hug! When it was her turn she didn't want to sit in the chair by herself so she sat on my lap and was a very good girl about showing the Dental Assistant her teeth. Then came time to polish - she let the lady do one tooth and then was pretty freaked out! But apparently two is usually the most they can do at this age anyways so I wasn't too worried about it! I think the dentist must be a child whisperer because when he came in, Colby calmed down enough to show him her teeth and even had a smile for him!
In the last week Colby has started to call us "Mom" and "Dad" which has really put my nose out of joint!! I am not ready for that and I try to remind her to call me "Mommy" when she is talking to me! It just seems way too grown up to have her running down the hall saying, "Mom, Mom, Mom!" *Sigh* On the other hand she has a new super cute saying, "Girls are cute and boys are handsome." I told her she was pretty one night and she quickly corrected me with that saying! It just blew me away and was too cute for words! So now I try to preemptively correct myself and tell her she is cute instead of pretty!
She is definitely growing up fast and surprises me all the time with new things that she picks up! I can't wait to see both of my girls together!!
No comments:
Post a Comment