Mike did a lot of work to the walls before starting to paint. He filled little holes, sanded, and primed! I worked on the windows. The birds (whose room this was before) had apparently been chewing on the window framing! So, I filled, sanded, filled, and sanded again then painted the trim white. We also put up new blinds.
Mike is "cutting in" all the edges very meticulously!
The new base board and fan are patiently waiting to be installed.
Mike is "cutting in" all the edges very meticulously!
The new base board and fan are patiently waiting to be installed.
The first coat is up! Mike is painting the ceiling medallion for above the fan.
I taped off for all of the stripes. What a chore! It took me almost a whole day and my back was killing me afterwards!! All worth it though!
The painting is all done!! Cute as can be!The Border:
Now that the paint was all finished, Grammie could come over and work on the border! It was fun to come home from work at lunch time and see all the progress she was making...
.jpg)
Then the words started to fill in!
A Few Final Touches:With the border done, Grammie started to add a few fun details. She stenciled stars on the ends of the border and a star in between each word. Mike put together the furniture, then came the crib, and the curtains too!
The border is all done and the curtains are added!!
The changing table!!
The stars above the crib - her name will eventually be in the center. We just need to decide on one now!!
Another finished wall!!
Her little dresser! (And a shelf I need to repaint!)
2 comments:
That is the most incredible nursery ever! You sweet baby is going to be so happy looking around at all of the pretty things!
Wow! That looks amazing...Grammie is sooooooo talented:)
and you must of been ready to scream after all that taping! LOL I love you guys, and can tell you are so excited about the arrival of your little princess...me too. I can't wait to read more. This is such a cool idea.. I love reading it and looking through the pic's.
Post a Comment