I went to Richmond to see Amanda on Sunday the 9th and I was gone for about 4 hours and when I got home, Mike had a funny look on his face and he asked me if I wanted to go in the nursery. I wasn't sure what he was up to, but I turned the corner to the hallway and saw a big bow on the baby's door and a sign that said "Merry Christmas." When I opened the door - the furniture was moved around and there was a new glider and ottoman and gifts all over the place!! Apparently Mom and Dad had stopped by while I was gone and moved the furniture so that the glider would fit and arranged all sorts of gifts! I was SO surprised, I must have looked around the room 5 times to take it all in! Mike was just as excited as I was and he kept pointing things out to me! I remember looking around and thinking "Thank Goodness!" I was starting to get a little stressed about needing to finish the nursery since time is flying by and this was a huge stress reliever! I had wanted to get a glider or rocker, but wasn't sure how it would fit in so I hadn't put anything on the walls or decided exactly how the furniture should be placed. Now I don't have to worry about it! Mom and Dad did it and it's absolutely perfect! They are the best Grammie and Grandpa ever!!! .jpg)
The new glider and ottoman! Plus a few gifts!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Too cute!! Now we just need picture of the baby for the clothespins to hold!
Grammie decorated the lamp shade and made a star to hang from the lamp!!
.jpg)
All these gifts to open - it's like a mini shower!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
A hand knit blanket! Where did Grammie find all the time to do this?! She must really love her new grandbaby!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The new glider and ottoman! Plus a few gifts! .jpg)
A table with a handmade star topper!! This will be very handy during midnight feedings!!
.jpg)
A new crib skirt (handmade by Grammie!) and a bumper, mattress pad, crib sheet, her first doggy (stuffed), and the shelf I needed to repaint (Grammie did that too!)!!
.jpg)
Storage for under the crib! Also very handy!!.jpg)
New Baskets for the changing table! Plus a few gifts!!
Sweet little accents for the dresser!! Plus a gift!!.jpg)
.jpg)
Too cute!! Now we just need picture of the baby for the clothespins to hold!
Grammie decorated the lamp shade and made a star to hang from the lamp!!.jpg)
All these gifts to open - it's like a mini shower!.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
A hand knit blanket! Where did Grammie find all the time to do this?! She must really love her new grandbaby!!.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
What a Christmas present!! The baby's room is absolutely beautiful!! Your Mom is awesome!!
Can't wait to see the room in person and the baby!!
What a nice surprise for you. I love the stars ****
The lamp is cute 2.
Post a Comment