Thursday, October 14, 2010

Colby's First Wedding

Colby attended her first wedding and as her doting mother I just have to say she was looking absolutely adorable! You know I was just thrilled to have an excuse to doll her up! You know I was excited because I ironed her dress (I NEVER iron) and then I spent a lot of time curling her hair and it looked really adorable. Unfortunately, I now know that Colby’s hair does not hold a curl! I even hair sprayed it – I promise I am not one of those creepy baby pageant moms; I just wanted her curls to stay in! Well, curls or no curls she was super cute. I don’t know that she thoroughly enjoyed the wedding but she snuggled Daddy during the ceremony and enjoyed all of the food at the reception! There was no music or dancing but she got to play outside which made her happy. Mike gave a speech to the bride and groom since it was a childhood friend of his and Miss Colby decided she needed to stand up there with Daddy or throw a fit, so I let her go up and “help” her Daddy out with the speech! The wedding cake was a huge hit with her! She got her own piece and went to town on it! She was shoveling it in her mouth as fast as her developing motor skills would allow! While the reception was wrapping up, Colby and I were outside “playing” and she spotted a big “pirate” ship on the pier. Again it was either a fit or the ship so she and I walked over and took a tour of the ship! She absolutely loved it! Thankfully, Daddy came and joined us and rescued us both because I was not quite sure how I was going to maneuver down the very steep ramp in heels and keep Colby safe at the same time! Flat ground is treacherous enough in heels! The real icing on the cake was that we got to stop by Mimi and Papa’s house after the wedding to wish Mickayla a happy birthday and Colby always enjoys a visit over there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sooo cute :) LOVE the hair!! and red is definitely her color! :) i like the blog!! years from now you'll be able to remember all of these events!!! :)

-Michelle