The weekend before Christmas we took Colby to see Santa and captured that classic moment on camera! As soon as she realized that I had let go of her, she started screaming - she didn't even turn around to see who had her! She just knew that it wasn't Mommy or Daddy! She couldn't have been too traumatized though because as soon as I took her back from Santa she calmed right down! Despite a few moments of tears, it was a very fun trip and we got a picture that is already one of my favorites of her! Y
Christmas Eve was a busy day! Colby and I cleaned and picked up so that the house would be perfect for Santa that night and for Christmas morning! We didn't have time to make cookies for Santa, but I told Colby we could write Santa a note instead! She was very excited, so we had to get a picture of her with her note to Santa! Y
Christmas morning was a lot of fun! I thought Colby would love to tear the paper to pieces on all of her gifts since she loves to shred magazines, but she was actually more interested in the toys inside the paper! We gave her the first gift - a teether and she inspected it in her serious way and then started chewing away! We would unwrap each gift and give her the toy and then she would inspect it and play until she got the next one! She was not interested at all in the clothes, but Mommy got very excited over all of the adorable little outfits!! After Colby opened all of her gifts she and Daddy were exhausted so they took a nap and I cleaned up a bit. Colby had a very long nap so Daddy and I used some of that time to open our gifts too. It was such a crazy day that we never really made a special Christmas dinner, but Colby had some slices of fresh carrots and some of her favorite cheese crunchies before her dinner. It was an exhausting day for the little girly but I think she had a lot of fun too! Y
1 comment:
She is such a cutie! Looks like you had an amazing day! Give us a call sometime and let us know when it may be a good time for us to stop in for a few minutes.
Jess, Dave and Jillian
Post a Comment