Happy Anniversary Mimi & Papa!!
Colby and I went over to Mimi and Papa's on Saturday to wish them a happy anniversary. Colby proudly carried in there gift and card. She was quick to dish out some hugs too!
Mini Golf
Saturday afternoon we went and played mini golf with Mimi and Papa. Colby had a lot of fun on the practice putting green but seemed to lose interest on the multiple holes. For the first few holes she would hit the ball and then chase it and pick it up and drop it in the hole. Surprisingly she really liked the pirates that were hiding all over the course. After our game she posed next to one with Mimi and Papa.
After the sun-catcher, we went outside and started to make a red, white, and blue wind-sock. Colby got a little impatient as I was cutting all of the streamers but then she found a spare piece of crepe paper and was pretending that it was a boat. Kids imaginations!! After all the pieces were cut she had a blast with the glue stick. That was definitely her favorite part! She did enjoy all the star cut outs too - she sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star over and over again! Once the wind-sock was all finished we went out front to hang it up. We were both very proud of this project!
Later on in the afternoon on the Fourth, Colby played in her "beach" out back. Any body of water is a beach to Colby. In this case it was her pool set up out back. It was a hot day and she had fun playing in the water and filling up her cups and watering can. She would bring them back to me to drink! Boomer decided to take a dip too since it was so hot out! He got into the more shallow part of the pool first but jumped out pretty quick once Colby started to try to play with him. A few minutes later he was in the deep end swimming around! Colby thought that was hilarious and was cracking up at how funny Boomer looked after he got out of the pool! She is always asking for Boomer to get in the bath with her and since that never happens I think she thought this was a huge treat!
Fireworks!
Since any firework shows would have meant a very late night for Colby, we decided to have our own show out front. As we went out to set up, our next door neighbors decided to join and then some other neighbors down the street were doing their own show too and packed up and came down to join as well! At first Colby was a little scared of the sound but she climbed into my lap and I covered her ears and she was mesmerized by the fireworks. Then Mike broke out the sparklers and she and all the other kids loved them! I thought she would be afraid of the sparklers but she was whipping them around as much as I would let her! I had to reign her in a bit so that she didn't make contact with her hair or clothes! After she tried to grab the end of the lit sparkler I called it quits! I could handle it no more! She still had fun though and enjoyed the grand finale!!

No comments:
Post a Comment