Saturday, July 5, 2008

My First Solid Foods

Colby decided that her bottles were not quite enough for her anymore around mid-June, so we thought we would try some cereal and solid foods. She was none too fond of the spoon feeding and didn't care for the plain cereal. So, I thought I would be wise and try some yummy fruits like apples and bananas. She still was not fond of taking these things from a spoon. Then, last week, we went to the doctor who suggested we also try some veggies. That made me nervous because I thought that if Colby didn't like the fruit she would hate the veggies. How wrong I was! The first veggie we tried was peas and she LOVED them! She actually sucked on the spoon and made it through a whole feeding without any screaming! I was shocked! How could I, a self-confessed vegetable hater, have a daughter who loves peas! I'm just happy to find something that Colby likes that I don't have to fight with her about. The second time she had the peas she was actually opening her mouth for the spoon! I was so proud of her!! The next veggie we are going to try is carrots - she'll probably love those too! Y

The first plain cereal feeding...

Not a success!

Apples and cereal came next...


That face says it all!

Now the peas...

She's actually sucking on the spoon for the first time!!

All done and NO tears!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

She is so beautiful and looking so big! What a great thing that she likes peas! Aiden hates veggies, so be thankful. Since he hates them, I actually would mix 1/2 a veggie and 1/2 a fruit to get him to eat them. And he loved it that way. Sounds gross to me, but it worked. You might try that if you really want her to eat some fruit. But if she is eating peas, I say hooray! :) Its amazing how much they grow the first year...Don't blink. Just wanted to say hi and say how beautiful your daughter is!